It is currently Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:02 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Friday 24th September - BARENAKED LADIES @ Glasgow Academy
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:54 pm 

i think 6 is plenty early for queueing up.
im hoping to be there around then im angling for the prime spot against the railing 2nd level down just up from the bars on the floor, it looks right on to stage tried to get it for alice in chains and limp bizkit but no luck :-(

looking forward to this show big time, its been a long 3 1/2 years glasgow show is always amazing!!!

believe it or not folks worst bnl show ive saw was in toronto the hometown show, the guys werent at fault the crowd sucked ass and being originally from toronto im ashamed to say that

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:39 pm 
the token American

Our train will get in around 2, so we'll head to the hotel to check-in, but does anyone want to meet somewhere for an early meal before we get in line?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:24 pm 
Uber cool member

AgntJello wrote:
Thanks! :D Meanwhile I'm working on plan B.
This is prolly the wrong thread but I'm too lazy to start a new one, so hopefully enough people will see this to voice an opinion:
If you were trying to introduce BNL to someone in preparation for a concert would you introduce them to Steve songs as well? IMO Steve sings some of the most beautiful songs the band has written (What A Good Boy, Call and Answer, Break Your Heart...) but those songs are not likely to be played live again soon if ever and even if they will it will not be the same. Would you bother with it at all? Save it for a later point in the BNL 101 class? Share all the best songs even if they're no longer relevant?

Would be happy to hear your opinion
Jells
(PS Is Barenaked.net not working just for me?)

When I introduce someone to BnL, I prefer just taking them to see them ( maybe 1/2ers on tix ). Usually hooking is instantaneous. SJP or not.

As for the classics, WAGB is being done (sometimes) by Ed from what I understand. Don't know about C&A, but don't expect to hear BYH...... according to an interview I read somewhere??? the rest of the band is pretty glad to not have to play that anymore.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:50 am 

Can't wait for this gig - going to Newcastle tonight then planning to get a flyer from work on Friday and drive up to Glasgow in the afternoon. Got normal tickets but then realised 1- I'm not going to have time to queue to get near the front :o( and 2- my fiance didn't mind me paying the extra to get VIP. So I went and bought the VIP package too - yey! Then forgot to sell on the other tickets - d'oh! If anyone wants / needs them - face value at the gig.

Anyhoo, looked at setlists from other UK gigs and am starting to get really excited for it now. Been listening to the live release without Steve & All In Good Time like hell recently to fulfill my appetite. Woop woop!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:31 pm 

shameless begging alert!...Is there anybody out there with a spare place on their floor/cupboard/garden/sock drawer that I can stay in for the night of either 23rd or 24th sept (my birthday..yay!) that's within travelling distance to the Glasgow show???

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:35 pm 

I'll be travelling up from kent so if anyone else is headed that way then maybe we could meet up somewhere.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:58 am 

The magic pancake wrote:
I'll be travelling up from kent so if anyone else is headed that way then maybe we could meet up somewhere.

Is that you Lex? I am Alex/Babs-t'other half of Moz. I was going to be going to the Glasgow show but can't get the time off work now boooo. I hope you have an amazing time!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:07 am 

Hiya! Yes it's meeeee...Got a nice long overnight trip on the good old megabus so I should be nice and stinky/knackered by the time I get there on friday morning. I had some hot shot photographer take my profile pic as you can see! Hope to see you guys again soon,
Lex..

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:19 am 
the token American

Out all day and leaving hellishly early in the morning, so...

if anyone wants to get together prior to lining up, send me a DM on twitter (@ replies won't go to my phone as I have a stupidphone (as opposed to a smartphone) but DMs will)

I'll be wearing my pink "famous" cat ears, and Tim will probably be wearing the BNL UK shirt (if I can convince him to....)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:23 am 

Given the glasow habit of queuing early for shows it has been known for people and i include myself in this, start queuing anywhere from 12 to 2pm but thats the same die hards that are always there. The majority of people tend not to arrive til the 5 or 6 but you can still get a relatively good spot around then.

This year i can forgo standing in the traditional glasgow pissing september weekend weather and enjoy the vip package. Been way too long since they have been in town and i am sure they will have a warm welcome to their spiritual home.

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:43 pm 

As far as the VIP goes - do you meet the guys then end up in the venue before the rest of the crowd are allowed in? Went to Newcastle on Tuesday & got to the front by only queueing for an hour or so but on the way through I saw some people hanging at the merch booth (as the VIP info tells you too). Just wondered as it's a bit weird getting 'priority entry' but then spending time meeting the guys, only for you not to be able to get near the stage due to the rest of the crowd coming in in the mean time.

Thanks for the info & I'll see you all in Glasgow tomorrow night.

Mike (Bongo)

"Kev, there were only two options with that corn - A snack, or a Bongo Whack. And I believe I chose the better of the two!"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:58 pm 

He he - first one to make a post-gig comment (from the iMac in my hotel room - how cool is that?!)

Anyhoo, I hope all those that were able to hang around after the gig have a good time meeting the band.

The set was one of the best that I've witnessed and there were quite a few changes from the one in Newcastle on Tuesday. I still get a real kick when Tyler sings and the choreographed dance / song medley at the end of $1,000,000 reminds me of my first gig on the Maroon tour - a real crowd pleaser.

Got some cracking pictures and videos from Newcastle but traveling time etc meant that I couldn't be in the queue early for this one so I had to make do with just watching the gig instead of taking pics & vids - a real chore!

I think it's been mentioned on here before but has anyone actually asked the guys about recordings of the show this time round? I really hope they manage to sort something out so we can enjoy the shows again and again.

Anyways I'm just blabbing now. For those going to the Ireland gig - hope it's another good one!

Mike

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:36 pm 

Bongo wrote:
He he - first one to make a post-gig comment (from the iMac in my hotel room - how cool is that?!)

Anyhoo, I hope all those that were able to hang around after the gig have a good time meeting the band.

The set was one of the best that I've witnessed and there were quite a few changes from the one in Newcastle on Tuesday. I still get a real kick when Tyler sings and the choreographed dance / song medley at the end of $1,000,000 reminds me of my first gig on the Maroon tour - a real crowd pleaser.

Got some cracking pictures and videos from Newcastle but traveling time etc meant that I couldn't be in the queue early for this one so I had to make do with just watching the gig instead of taking pics & vids - a real chore!

I think it's been mentioned on here before but has anyone actually asked the guys about recordings of the show this time round? I really hope they manage to sort something out so we can enjoy the shows again and again.

Anyways I'm just blabbing now. For those going to the Ireland gig - hope it's another good one!

Mike

Ed told me they were recorded and will eventually go up. This was after the first gig in Bristol mind. I'll take his word tho!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:34 am 
Ed calls me Adam

The shows have been recorded on the soundboard but it may take a long time to get them out as all the venues charge far too much to let the band release them, so they want to let some time pass before they can get them out.

Keep your eyes pealed!

Ed Robertson - For You - E2E

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:48 am 
Ed calls me Adam

Well what can I say.

Last show of the tour for me, and what a way to end it!
Lovely sit in the sunshine with Kirsty, Graham, Liam, Ainsley, Lisa, Lindsey, Lou, Sarah, Mike, Sascha and Kristy, some nice "drinks" bit of stress about the queue but it turned out fine, front row thankfully again.

The show rocked so much, even though it was the 6th time I'd see certain songs it still rocked with the Glasgow crowd, added to that Lovers, Brian Wilson, Maybe Katie, Eraser, Light up my Room it was a superb show the crowd were so into it and did Glasgow proud.

Got a mention during the show from Ed! and he got my name right this time, so we can change the "Ed calls me Adam" bit on here to something else haha.

Lovely of Ed to give the BNLuk crew and special thank you at the end, thought that was so nice of him.

Met the guys afterwards (apart from Ty) gave Ed the little gift I had got for him, he seemed to like it, thought I had to say thanks for all the great shows and playing my requests.

Gutted it's over but so thankful to have done it, 8 nights, 6 shows, wish I had done all 13 but other commitments denied me that, will so do it all next time, as much for the friendships as well as the shows.

Ed Robertson - For You - E2E

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next