It is currently Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:10 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: ANNOUNCING: UK Tour MP3s!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:43 pm 

Awesome Liam, it sounds so damn good! Even better than the Bristol show!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:46 pm 

Also, thanks for posting my youtube upload of "Indecision" on the site, Liam!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:56 pm 
Yo

AnotherHeartbreak wrote:
Awesome Liam, it sounds so damn good! Even better than the Bristol show!

It does, doesn't it? I thought that too. Ace! :D

AnotherHeartbreak wrote:
Also, thanks for posting my youtube upload of "Indecision" on the site, Liam!

No probs - thanks for uploading. I was waiting for it to turn up on a site which gave an embed code - Youtube is perfect!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:21 am 

After the London show, my wife mentioned to Ed that he could have used the name of a Welsh mountain, 'The Blorenge', to get another rhyme for orange in 'Four Seconds'. Ed has since mentioned this a few times in interviews. Did he, by any chance, mention this on stage to introduce 'Four Seconds' at any of the subsequent shows? It's my wife's favourite track from AIGT, so if Ed did mention it at any of the shows and it was recorded and will be available here as an MP3, she'd get a really big kick out of it!

Liam?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:12 pm 

Just listened to the Southampton concert again - was awesome.
I wish I had gone to more concerts!

Thanks

Does anyone have any videos from Southampton they could send me - I have watched them on You Tube but can't seem to get the software to work to record them from there.

Thanks again
Hx

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:41 pm 
Upgraded by Ed

Philip wrote:
After the London show, my wife mentioned to Ed that he could have used the name of a Welsh mountain, 'The Blorenge', to get another rhyme for orange in 'Four Seconds'. Ed has since mentioned this a few times in interviews. Did he, by any chance, mention this on stage to introduce 'Four Seconds' at any of the subsequent shows? It's my wife's favourite track from AIGT, so if Ed did mention it at any of the shows and it was recorded and will be available here as an MP3, she'd get a really big kick out of it!

I think he has, but can´t remember which show it was.
Guess I will find out in the process of editing my recordings and will let you know.
Fancy the track and banter in a better format than MP3 (I have them in 1,411kBit/s as PCM recording)? If so, drop me a DM, and I will mail it to you (but beware: BIG file size as AIFF or WAV; dunno what the maximum of your mailbox is...)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:07 pm 

bearnaked wrote:
Philip wrote:

I think he has, but can´t remember which show it was.
Guess I will find out in the process of editing my recordings and will let you know.
Fancy the track and banter in a better format than MP3 (I have them in 1,411kBit/s as PCM recording)? If so, drop me a DM, and I will mail it to you (but beware: BIG file size as AIFF or WAV; dunno what the maximum of your mailbox is...)

That's great! If you can just alert me to which show the intro appears in, I can then download it (without having to download every show) and an MP3 will be just fine. Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:55 pm 
the token American

Have you gotten to the Glasgow show yet? :D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:57 pm 

Any updates? Wanted to use the Manchester MP3 as a Christmas gift but guess it's too late for that to happen now :(

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:24 pm 
Yo

Nope, sorry, no updates still about the remainder of the shows. Really sorry for the delay but they will appear at some stage.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:50 pm 
the token American

No problem, just wanted to ask! :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:34 pm 
Uber cool member

Thanks for the fun of these shows. Even though I wasn't at any of them, it's wonderful l to "get a fix" by listening to them. I have Bristol, Brighton and Southampton on a memory stick (2G) and have the Nottingham and London shows in zip files. Now if I can just find out how to get them on the memory stick so I can listen to the whole show straight instead of one song at a time.
Liam you are amazing. Someday I hope I get to meet you.

For further information, as I pointed out to Liam, In the Bristol show, if you pay real close attention to Eraser, Kevin and Ed hold the "E..." for 23 seconds. That, if my memory is correct- which I can't seem to find verification of, is 2 seconds shy of tying and 3 seconds shy of beating the current world record ( which has stood for the last 20? years ) of 25 seconds for the song "When I'm With You" by Sherriff. (also , if I remember correctly, a Canadian band.)

I will also say, if didn't see any of these shows and want to see a video of the new way that "Sound of Your Voice" is done, go to www.blog.thelope.com and type in Barenaked Ladies in the search bar. (you'll have to scroll down a bit) There are videos of SOYV, PM, 4S, MD from shows in November in Texas and Oklahoma along with alot of great pics. The Lope is onstage with Kevin's piano buddies. You may also find them on youtube posted by thelope.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:55 pm 
Uber cool member

I have really been enjoying listening to these shows - and I would like to send out a heartfelt thanks to those who have posted clips from them on You Tube. It's really great to listen to them, but even better when you can see what happened. I also hope that those of you going on the cruise have a safe trip. ( Since a good time is a given.)