It is currently Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:12 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: SHIPS AND DIP VII !!!!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:18 am 
Ed calls me Adam

Liam got a reply on twitter from Ty, I'll let Liam tell us exactly what it said, but basically it's Sixthman putting out feelers

Ed Robertson - For You - E2E

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:56 am 
Yo

It is mate, absolutely ridiculous... the band doesn't know about it, Guster doesn't know about it, the crew don't know about it...

Seems like the email was a very weird decision from Sixthman, and it really isn't going to be a popular one if there turns out to be no cruise.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:57 am 
Yo

Latest report from BNL about the cruise:

Quote:
We wanted to clear up any confusion popping up about the Ships and Dip cruise. People who'd previously gone on the cruise recently got an email alerting them of one we'd like to do next year. We know everyone's excited for it, so we wanted your feedback on what you liked, what you loved and what you'd rather throw overboard.

Leave us comments here, twitter, Facebook- everywhere and let us know what you'd like on the next cruise.

----------

ARGH!

I'm not too happy about this at all. Doesn't clear much up for me. For now, all I need to know is "yes, there will be a cruise" or "no, no cruise next year". One way or the other. Phrasing it as "one we'd like to do" doesn't clear anything up, because it is still nothing definitive. Right now, the type of boat, the artists, the catering... etc etc... is all not important to me. This is, of course, just my opinion... but I would go on this cruise to see Barenaked Ladies, and everything else after that is a bonus. I realise that the factors listed above are important for a lot of people, and may sway their decisions whether to book the vacation or not, but I wonder what kind of reaction they are looking for in order to say "yes OK, we will book a cruise" ? :?

Surely now that they have placed the idea in people's heads that there *could* be a cruise, won't they be pretty hard pushed to turn around and say "actually no, we're not doing one"? I can't see them getting totally negative reaction to the idea, so what are they waiting to hear? If they are waiting on fans reactions to see what size of boat to book, then doing this online would be a totally weird way to do it - they are not going to get every single person who would attend next year's cruise to tweet them, and therefore have a firm number. I do wonder if the question actually means "yes, there is a cruise, but we don't know how many people to cater for yet".

I just need to know if there will be one or not, essentially, because if there does turn out to be Ships and Dip VII in February next year, I need to start saving NOW. A month or so deliberating about it could be a month of saving up for it, which could make all the difference as to whether I can go or not.

Of course, I appreciate that they have acknowledged it at all - hey, at least we know the band even KNOWS about it at all now. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:51 am 

What a palaver.

If this fizzles out - I'll be gutted.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:59 pm 
Yo

Just spoke to Joy from Sixthman on the live chat feature of their site

----------------

Liam:
Hi there, I notice that Barenaked Ladies have just changed an announcement on their official website to say: "We're doing the cruise and we're just trying to gain some feedback on it right now. It's coming back in 2011!" - I just wondered if Sixthman could confirm that the event IS happening please?

Call accepted by operator Joy. Currently in room: Joy, Liam.

Joy:
Hi Liam!

Joy:
No official announcements have been made yet and we don't have any details, but if BNL put something out there already, then I can confirm that it is in the works for Feb-Mar 2011.

Liam:
Awesome! Sixthman did send an email out a couple of weeks back with prices of cabins - is this a definite itinerary or should fans be taking this with a pinch of salt until something more concrete is announced?

Joy:
No, we have not sent out anything other than a general interest survey to get feedback.

Joy:
I don't even know the itinerary or pricing yet.

Liam:
I see. Well I hope to hear something more about Ships and Dip VII soon!

Joy:
We will be sending out a save the date in the next few weeks. It sounds like the guys are just really excited to share the news. The deal was just finalized.

Liam:
Oh cool, it's nice to have a definite "yes" because I know there has been a little confusion about it. Thanks for clearing that up!

Joy:
We just haven't been able to put out anything definite yet as it was just confirmed yesterday. We'll get a save the date out soon.

Liam:
and I guess currently there's no news on the ship it will take place on?

Joy:
Not announced, no. We will let everyone know as soon as we know that it will not change.

Liam:
OK, thank you

Joy:
Take care Liam! Talk to you soon!

Liam:
Thank you Joy

----------------

So the main points from this:

The deal was just finalized.

as it was just confirmed yesterday

So there we have it!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:01 pm 

Nice one, Liam! Great news!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:26 pm 

Just had confirmation from a decent source: Feb 6 - 11, NCL, Miami to Costa Maya and Belize City !

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:56 pm 
Upgraded by Ed

PJ. wrote:
Just had confirmation from a decent source: Feb 6 - 11, NCL, Miami to Costa Maya and Belize City !

And who is that decent source, if I may be so indecent to inquire?
Seems to be the same that Jen H. heard of...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:09 pm 
Uber cool member

Not that I'm going but its now on facebook and is described as ships and dip 4......erm hello VII...unless the one after 4 will be 2?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:16 pm 
Ed's lovely old tranny

6th to the 11th of Feb.

just checked flights £511 from Manchester to Miami + minimum $799 (£550?) hmm over a grand plus spends, is food included on board?

Got a hoilday and a tour before then so not too likely for me, but you never know, also too early for half term so that rules my partner out

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:55 pm 
Upgraded by Ed

Yep.
It´s getting a little bit costly these days... I´m contemplating bank-robbery, or selling body parts. Not me own, mind you. Any volunteers - or should I say donors?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:41 pm 

I'm interested. What's the deal though - is the cruise all inclusive/full board?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:52 pm 
Upgraded by Ed

Sort of. Food is included, as long as you stay with the buffets. If you like to get something fancy (french cuisine, lobster, four-course-menu,...) or eating in the middle of the night, then you have to pay extra.
Same with beverages: there are fountains for non-carbonated drink, but soda or anything containing alcohol is not included. There was (at least with Carnival) a soda-card, with which you sort of had a flat-rate. Worth it, if you drink a lot of pop.
But you can get by without spending too much. Except you fancy colourful drinks with those little umbrellas and/or try to avoid a hangover by staying drunk the whole cruise... I´ve heard of folks blowing "a coupla grand" like that.
Gratuity was included as well, but if you want to reward your cabin steward, you can do so by putting it on your bill, too.
The largest item on my bill was merchandise... more than $400 for CDs, t-shirts, sweaters, etc.

Last edited by bearnaked on Sun May 02, 2010 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:04 pm 
Ed's Bristol Stalker

bearnaked wrote:
But you can get by without spending too much. Except if you fancy colourful drinks with those little umbrellas

And there explains my bar bill.. Back home I'm a wine/beer kinda gal.. get me on an exotic cruise ship and its fruity drinks all the way! well except for when we find the whiskey bar at 2am........

Seriously though, if you cutting it fine money wise do not even think of drinking.. You get carried away in the spirit of the "holiday of a lifetime" and then need reviving when you see your bar bill.. There are other ways of cutting costs though, don't go near the gift shop or spa, catch up on sorely needed sleep when others are spending a fortune on excursions on the two shore days, and just eat on the run between shows in the buffet..

But no matter how long it takes to pay off BEST. WEEK. EVER....

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:06 pm 
Ed's Bristol Stalker

oh and so everyone here doesn't think I'm a complete alcoholic.. My bar/merch bill both cruises was about 300-400 dollars.. :lol: