It is currently Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:31 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Welcome......and who might you be?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:01 am 
Ed calls me Adam

I thought we needed an area to say hello, who you are, where your from, what brings you here, and if you know anyone already, so we can be one big happy family

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

edited by bnluk: made this a sticky topic, great idea Gib

Ed Robertson - For You - E2E

Post subject: Re: Welcome......and who might you be?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:03 am 
Ed calls me Adam

I'm Andrew, born in Glasgow now living in Leeds, been a BNL fan since One Week, know quite a few people like Liam and Stu and hopefully people that haven't joined yet.
You'll see me on here alot this week as I'm off work and bored as I can't go walking about.

Welcome all

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:29 am 
Yo

Good thinking...

I'm Liam, I am from Cheltenham but living in Bristol where I study journalism with media and cultural studies at UWE.

Been a fan since the One Week days and still going strong, in fact I attended the most recent Ships and Dip cruise.

Very keen to keep the BNL buzz alive in the UK and am also friendly with a number of the other members of this board, we're a good bunch really. :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:02 am 
Yo

Great idea - please folks don't be put off by the fact that some of us already know each other; we are a very welcoming bunch and there are no cliqué-like groups here, it's just nice to meet other fans. :) BNL:UK is how we all met in the first place anyway... so join up and introduce yourself!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:05 am 
Upgraded by Ed

Welcome Back! Long time, no see!!
Hi, I´m Mike. If you`re in a BNL concert, and there´s a tall guy in front row with a balding spot on the back of his head, it´s likely to be me ;-) Especially when Ed is making jokes about germans.
About me: german (whowouldhavethoughtso?), BNL-fan since `99, tripple dipper, tripple stripper (meaning: three times on a BNL cruise, and three times on the obligatory 'group picture'), and still planning on attending as many BNL concerts as (financially) possible.
Aaand - as already hinted - usually trying to get into the front (I´m ooold: my hearing and my eyesight are fading... ;) ).

Last edited by bearnaked on Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:13 am 
drunken puppeteer

Hi folks, I'm Kristy. Like Gib I'm from Glasgow but still there. I was introduced to BNL by my high school music teacher who gave me a copy of Gordon to listen to about 6 months before One Week came out. I remember him being jealous that I bought Stunt before him and both agreeing Some Fantastic was our stand out track! Been hooked ever since.

I'm more likely to be on the facebook group in general but will keep a nosey on here too :-)

Don't miss this
We've only got one shot

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:35 pm 

Hello!

I'm Claire, live in Southampton and have been a fan since my brother saw BNL at Glastonbury in about 1992 (maybe 93??) and bought Gordon on tape. I stole his tape and have never looked back!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:09 pm 
Stovies

Hello, I'm Louisa I'm also from Glasgow.
I am currently in my honours year of Commerical Music at University of the West of Scotland
I have been a HUGE! BNL fan since T in the Park 2007 just before the release of Stunt and have been a super fan ever since. I already know quite a few of the guys on the board, we have been friends for years and it's all lovely that we have another place to hang and have loads of BNL chat!

Lou xoxoxo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:20 pm 

Hello!

My name is Mace, and as much as I WISH I was from the UK, alas, I'm a Yank. Specifically from Chicago.

I fell in love with BNL at "The Ballad of Gordon" on a Saturday morning, but it wasn't until my now partner played things for me while on a holiday to see her in New Mexico did I get obsessed.

I've always loved the UK board, and can't wait to see what you guys do with it!

My partner and I developed the most recent barenakedladies.com site, with me on the visual art end, and my partner on the daunting programming end.

We're also expecting our first baby in June of 2010!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:32 pm 
Ed calls me Adam

Wow mace, good job on the site, and good luck with the baby.

I like Chicago, I'm a basketball fan, Luol Deng plays for the Bulls and he's from London plays for Team GB, so there's british connection lol

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:01 pm 
Uber cool member

My name is Sean, i am 21 (from dumpy Coventry) and i have been a fan for a few years now. Used to be on the mysd.org board, am on the bn.net board, the new and old official board and on bnluk for the last part of its existence. Fingers crossed this board dosent die on its arse. plug plug plug.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:36 pm 

Hi all! :)

I'm Henry, approaching 22 & live in the South East corner of England. Discovered BNL in early 2001, & the band have since probably made the biggest contribution to my love for music.
Music & Football are my two loves in life. Music wise I've been playing since I was 7 & writing since the age 12. Started recording in my early teens & have since completed a couple of albums. I play a host of instruments, but largely focus on Guitar & Double Bass. http://www.henrywillard.com

Football wise I am an avid Yeovil Town fan & am also Player/Manager of a men's team, Potters FC. I founded the club myself back in 2007 & we've been largely successful throughout our relatively short history. http://www.pottersfc.co.uk

Going back to BNL, I'm a Double Dipper, Double Stripper, & eagerly anticipating the new album! :)

Hope to speak to some of you soon!
Take care. hen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:55 pm 
Keen member

Hello,

I'm Bryoney, from Dundee. I got into BNL like many of the other UK peeps when One Week came out, and never looked back. Had my first BNL gig experience for my 18th birthday (much better than a night in the pub AND I still remember it), and had a few more since then. Sadly for one reason or another (usually studying) I've never travelled too far to see the band, but now I am working I look forward to having the funds (and the annual leave) to catch more than one gig in a tour :D

Nice to see the board back and everyone on here!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:04 pm 

Well hello all!

I'm Ainsley, from Glasgow but work in Edinburgh so split my time between the two. Am 36 but but disillusioned enough to reckon I can pull off 30 if the lighting is right and everyone has had enough to drink. Been a fan since '96 with my first Ladies live experience being T in the Park all those many moons ago. It only took that short set for me to realise that a BNL gig is my 'happy-place' and hence will travel to see them if time and funds allow...guess that's why I'm a triple dipper!

Have always been an Ed-girl but was gutted when Steve departed last year...concerned that the BNL star wouldn't burn quite so bright. I think he'll always be missed a little but I'm pleased to report that having just come back from seeing them in Colorado I sang, danced, laughed and cried (!) just as much as I usually do. The star has one less point but be assured it burns like a good-un!

Here's to bnluk.net and all who sail in her!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:09 pm 

mace wrote:
Hello!
My partner and I developed the most recent barenakedladies.com site, with me on the visual art end, and my partner on the daunting programming end.

We're also expecting our first baby in June of 2010!

Echo Gib...great job, you guys! Congrats on junior too! :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next