It is currently Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:12 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Welcome......and who might you be?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:33 pm 

Woah I forgot to do this, my bad!

I'm 22 and live in Leamington Spa. Been a fan of BNL ever since I heard One Week way back when and bought the Stunt album. My favourite BNL song is You Will Be Waiting and my favourite album is Maroon.

I'm at the concert in Birmingham tonight so if you see a gormless guy in a blue chequered shirt and jeans, that's me! Feel free to say hello if you see me :D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:42 pm 

Welcome to all.. Looks like the shirts are a good way to promote the site!

If only we could get the band to mention it ;-)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:15 pm 

*waves* One of the Yanks popping her head in. :D

36, Rochester, New York, USA (up near Lake Ontario, if you care to check a map). Been a BNL fan since 1995. :D Have been on all three Ships & Dip cruises, and will be on board for the fourth. It's not a fandom, it's a lifestyle. LOL!

I'm a big fan of British TV (and am rather peeved that BBC America seems to show Star Trek: The Next Generation more than actual Brit TV these days... :evil: ), so don't worry about me not knowing what you're talking about. I'm hip. :lol:

Thank you a million times over to Lou (and Ainer) for providing me with tasty HobNobs on the cruises! I love you. *smooch*

Edit: and oh yeah, I'm one of the few Americans who likes REAL football. Not that pansy shite with the helmets and knee pads. Pussies.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:41 pm 

Hi

Well having met lots of you over the last 2 nights, I thought I should properly say hello on the site.

I live in Buckinghamshire, and have been a fan of BNL since I saw them supporting The Beautiful South (can't remember exactly when but around the time of Stunt). Think their live shows are brilliant, and love the albums - they are the only artist where I can go back to their previous albums time and time again and never get bored. Also love the fact that they can make me laugh and cry in the same song!

So thanks to all of the bnluk crowd for making me feel so welcome the last 2 nights - and also introducing me to the front row (still not come down from the high)!

Enjoy the rest of the tour!

Sarah

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:26 pm 
Uber cool member

Suebee42 wrote:
*waves* One of the Yanks popping her head in. :D

36, Rochester, New York, USA (up near Lake Ontario, if you care to check a map). Been a BNL fan since 1995. :D Have been on all three Ships & Dip cruises, and will be on board for the fourth. It's not a fandom, it's a lifestyle. LOL!

I'm a big fan of British TV (and am rather peeved that BBC America seems to show Star Trek: The Next Generation more than actual Brit TV these days... :evil: ), so don't worry about me not knowing what you're talking about. I'm hip. :lol:

Thank you a million times over to Lou (and Ainer) for providing me with tasty HobNobs on the cruises! I love you. *smooch*

Edit: and oh yeah, I'm one of the few Americans who likes REAL football. Not that pansy shite with the helmets and knee pads. Pussies.

WICKED!! I may live in Florida, but I grew up on the Canadian side of the states ( a little further south from you ) and actually 1st heard them on AM680 CFTR Toronto in 1991. ( the station's signal "wasn't supposed to go that far )

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:54 pm 

If I drive just a leeeetle further west from my house, I can get 99.9 out of Toronto. But I live just a few miles too far east! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:28 pm 
Uber cool member

Suebee42 wrote:
If I drive just a leeeetle further west from my house, I can get 99.9 out of Toronto. But I live just a few miles too far east! :lol:

The irony of it was that I grew up 200 miles away from Toronto. :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:57 pm 

Oh, hi there :waves:

Well, I'm Tracey. I'm 31, and have been a BNL fan since the late 90s. Fave album - Stunt. Can't pick out one favourite track - it totally depends on my mood. Right now it's Told You So, but next week it could be something different.

Seen them live 4 times prior to this tour, and it's been amazing every time. Never made it on a cruise, and I don't see me doing so - just can't afford it :(

I met a few of you last night after the Southampton gig. Like I said, I'm a lurker more than anything, but that's mainly due to time, and the lack thereof usually. But now I've met some of you I thought it only polite to say hi :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:07 am 

Morning all,

I was registered on the previous forum and used BNLUK back when it first started, but haven't been back for ages, and was reminded about the site thanks to Ed's name check on stage at Brighton last night! (Awesome gig BTW).

I'm 34, married, live in Southampton (didn't go to that gig as I don't like the Guildhall, think Brighton Dome is a better venue personally), and been following the Ladies for as long as I can remember.

Only seen them a few times, first in London over 10 years ago. 3 years ago, because we were on holiday for their UK tour, we flew to Toronto to see them at their home town gig which was an amazing weekend. Last night was really good, loved seeing how they re-worked some of the tracks Steven used to lead and thought they all worked really well.

Good to be back.

Andy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:59 am 
Keen member

Hi guys

Well I was born in Cheltenham and lived there for a few years and then brought up in Cornwall which was ace. My dad and family still live in Cheltenham so go there a lot “liam”!!!

Currently living in Southampton with hubby and have to say I love the guildhall, such an intimate venue!

First heard BNL in the back stock room of an Iceland store – their music used to keep me going as I was the freezer girl “brrrr”. They made my days sooo worth it – this was back in 2000, and have loved them ever since, but not seen them many times… Saw them in 2007 and of course this time round, and I think that are doing totally ace with and without Steve!

I love the joy in their faces as they play their songs to a clearly devoted audience – its such an amazing feeling.

Still devastated I didn’t hang about to meet them, didn’t realise we could lol – IDIOT AINT THE WORD! SO now my main target in life is to get something signed without meeting them before the next tour…. Ya right!

Anyhoo, any southamtpon gigs that you need a place to stay at we have a spare room!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:41 am 

Hiya,

Seeing as I just found and joined this forum, thought I'd better introduce myself.

I'm Roland and have been following the band now for over 15 years, some of you may remember me for starting a bnluk fan club on yahoo way back in 1999 and yes I'm still as avid a fan as ever. I'll be at Cambridge this Sunday if anyone wants to say hello!

I'm glad to see that there are some of us still keeping the BNL dream alive over on our side of the pond....good work fellas and fellaesses!

Roland

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:31 pm 

I'm new here too!

A resident of Hassocks (it's north of Brighton next to the big green hills), I've been a BNL fan since Stunt. I bought a cassette single of "It's all been done", found Brian Wilson on the b side, went looking for more, and the rest, as they say, is history.

Fantasic at Brighton Dome last night, but where was everybody?

Take care

Ian

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:50 pm 

Hi everyone!
I'm Jamie - recently moved to Robertsbridge in Sussex to be nearer to work, having spent most of the last 20 years in the Bromley / Chislehurst area.
I discovered BNL after hearing Danny Baker play Million Dollars many years back - I went and bought Gordon, and that was me hooked. I've since bought most of the albums, but oddly never saw them live until 2007's BLAM tour.
I did see them on breakfast TV in Rockefeller Plaza back in March - I was in NY on holiday, heard them trailed on the TV and rushed 5 blocks from my hotel to see them perform through the glass. Strange but true!
I was at Brighton last night, and left a post re that elsewhere here. In summary though - it was a terriffic show!!
Glad to be here - hi everyone!
Jamie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:57 pm 

hello all! I'm Tim, and this seems like a reasonable place for my first post on bnluk!

I've seen BNL three times live, all in B'ham UK. I've been following them since I met my wife about 9 yrs ago (she was a fan from several years before that when she saw them supporting the beautiful south).

we live in warwickshire, are in our 30s, have three children who all love snack time.

I look forward to good chats about the band, in both new and old configs!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:22 pm 

Just noticed this thread so I thought I'd say hi

I'm Kerrie, 21, originally from Surrey (UK) but I'm currently in Hertfordshire at university in my third year of psychology. Fave BNL song is Lovers in a Dangerous Time, fave album is Gordon.
My sister, also a BNL fan, got into them around the Stunt era. She then got me into them so I've been a fan for a fair while. Been to see them six times- once in April 04, December 04, twice during the 07 tour (Birmingham & London) and again twice this tour (again, Brum & London). My sister and I both wore nun wimples to the two 07 shows we went to and the Birmingham show of this years tour. Bank Job represent! The London show of this tour I went to with my boyfriend after winning a ticket in the twitter competition. He's not a fan but still thoroughly enjoyed the show. And bought me a signed CD. :D
I used to have an account here I think, but for some reason or another I lost it and I think it became deactivated. Or knowing me I forgot my log in. But I'm back. Hopefully for good this time.

So yeah, HI!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next